Saturday, September 26, 2009

Come along with me...

Hi, I’m Tatum! I’m 24 (25 in two days actually, YIKES!) and am a new-ish mommy who works full time. Nice to meet you...

I absolutely love my career, but sometimes playing the role of mommy, wife, and career woman can get a bit overwhelming. Over the past few months I’ve been thinking a lot about how much my attitude affects my happiness. I’m most often a very optimist and happy girl, but sometimes I let the smallest things bother me and get in the way of my happiness. And one of the biggest things I've learned in the last little while is how my reaction to something has the power to make an entire day blissful or the exact opposite (which is, quite frankly, crappy). Unfortunately I usually only take my frustrations out on and show my not so good side to those who are closest to me (like my husband), which I think most of us do. I’m not quite sure why we do this and I don’t think it’s okay. So I’ve decided that I need to be more aware of my thoughts and reactions in all areas of my life – family, marriage, work, driving, etc. There’s no reason for me to be overly happy and sweet to people at work, but then come home and let my guard down and show my ugly side. So that is my new mission and what brings me here!

Sometimes I feel that as women we are expected to keep our cool, our emotions suppressed, and our stories secret. But what better way to deal with the day in and day out stresses of being tugged in a million (okay, maybe not a million, but it can feel like it) different directions than to share with other women that are in the same shoes (which, honestly are not so great on this end… I desperately need to go shoe shopping!). So come along with me dear bloggy friend and find comfort in knowing that you’re not alone. Let’s share our successes, our stresses and our crazy, funny, and downright silly stories all the while trying to improve ourselves and our happiness! I’m sure we’ll have a few hiccups along the way (because, well, we’re human), but I’m up for the challenge! Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment