Saturday, September 26, 2009

Who am I (at the moment)?

I am…

… two days away from turning 25! It is actually hard to believe really. In one sense, I feel like I’m still that 20 year old who runs wild with no worries or responsibilities to speak of besides making sure I get to class on time and on the other hand, I feel like I have done so much in the past few years that 25 doesn’t seem old enough. I’m excited for this birthday this year! Since turning 21 all the other birthdays just seemed to come and go. There was no real significance and I didn’t feel the need to truly celebrate. But this year I feel differently! I’ll be a quarter century old, half way through my twenties. When I look back on the last 25 years of my life I feel like I’ve been through a lot… nothing too dramatic, but I’ve lived life and I’ve lived it to the fullest with a few bumps along the way. I’m happy about that and can’t help to think what is to come in the next stages in my life.

… also thinking about starting a new blog (one separate from this one). I would like to write about some of the untold stories of new moms and most specifically working mommies. Some kind of brutally honest and humorous blog for mom’s to gather and read stories that might just make them feel a little more normal (if that even exists) for some of the thoughts, feelings, and experiences they might have. I think we get so caught up in being the perfect mom/wife/career woman that there is an unspoken rule about not talking about our true daily happening. So that is in the works… stay tuned! =)

… so in love with my life! My husband is my everything and I am thankful for every day we have together. The fact that we were able to create such a precious and beautiful gift from God, little miss Isabelle, it just makes me fall in love with him more and more every day. I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, but this is so much more than I could have ever dreamed of! I always thought I would only be content being a stay at home mom, but now here I am with a full time career that I love and I am perfectly content being a working mommy. Now don’t get me wrong, there are days that I would love nothing more than to stay home and have 10 babies, bake cookies and pies, have a sparkling clean house and dinner on the table when my hubby walks in the door every day, but who knows how I’d feel if I was really living that day in and day out. For now, I’m happy playing the working mom and wife role.

… currently reading a great book called Crazy Love by Frances Chan. It has really helped with my spiritual growth lately. It’s giving me a whole new perspective on what having a relationship with and true love for the Lord is all about. I might just have to do a separate post about the first two chapters so far. I’m loving it and it is part of a blog book club called Bloom that I am a part of. I’m also excited because I found a church that I am going to try out on Sunday. It’s been something on my heart for, I don’t know, way too long and I’m ready to find a place that I can meet some new people (hopefully some mommies my age) and build on my Christian walk. … going to finish this post now because it has turned out to be way too incredibly long and I apologize for that. If you’ve taken the time to read this entire post, thank you. Sometimes it’s a getaway for me to sit and write about my thoughts and feelings and I hope you don’t feel bored by reading what I am up to these days.

WHOO HOO! My "birthday weekend" officially starts in t-minus 19 minutes! YEEEHAW!!! Have a great weekend my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment